Lentil Loaf with Smoked Paprika Glaze
FOR THE LOAF:
- 2 cups organic cooked lentils
- 1 cup shredded organic potato (1 medium potato)
- 1 cup finely chopped organic celery
- 1 small finely chopped organic onion
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup gluten-free quick organic oats
- 1/2 cup organic parsley
- 1 cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon organic flax seed meal (grind whole seeds)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon organic thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons organic ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon organic smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the flax meal in the warm water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and add the onion and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until starting to get very soft. Add the garlic and cook a minute or two longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the loaf ingredients including the flax meal and water mixture into a large bowl. Re-season with salt and pepper and stir until well mixed.
- Turn the meatloaf mixture into a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix the ketchup with the smoked paprika and brush the top of the loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes to cool before removing from the pan.