Vegan Coleslaw with Avocado May & Cashew Sour Cream
FOR THE CASHEW SOUR CREAM:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon water
FOR THE AVOCADO MAYO:
- 1/2 avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE COLESLAW:
- 1 medium head of cabbage
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 small onion
- 2 organic apples, cored and quartered
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup cashew sour cream
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
TO MAKE THE CASHEW SOUR CREAM:
- Soak cashews in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain.
- Add cashews, vinegar, lemon, water, and salt to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Set aside in refrigerator.
TO MAKE THE AVOCADO MAYO:
- Add avocado, lemon, salt, and oil to a blender or food processor and mix until smooth.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
TO MAKE THE COLESLAW:
- Shred cabbage in food processor and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Replace shredding disc with S-blade and add baby carrots to food processor. Pulse until carrots are finely chopped. Scrape carrots into the mixing bowl.
- Add onion to food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape onion into the mixing bowl.
- Replace S blade with shredding disc, shred apples and add to mixing bowl.
- Add raisins to mixing bowl and stir to mix ingredients.
- Mix avocado mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and maple syrup with cashew sour cream, and add to mixing bowl.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to two days.