Jackfruit Fish-Free Tacos
Yield: 8 tacos
Jackfruit "Tuna" Salad (to make it easier/no-cook, skip the onion and garlic, and don't cook the jackfruit. Just mix it all together in a bowl) mixed with 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning OR
Use the Jackfruit Tuna Salad from But I Could Never Go Vegan!, mixed with 1 teaspoon of Old Bay Seasoning
pickled red cabbage (make a day or more in advance)
chopped green cabbage
8 corn tortillas
Ancho Chili Cashew Cheese Sauce
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 1-2 hours (or overnight), reserve the water
8 tablespoons of reserved soaking water
juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon white miso
1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the Jackfruit Fish-Free Salad.
- Combine the Ancho Chili Cashew Cheese Sauce ingredients in a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Heat the corn tortillas one at a time in a skillet over medium heat, cooking for 30 seconds on each side. Wrap in aluminum foil until ready to use in order to keep them warm.
- To assemble the tacos, start with a layer of chopped green cabbage and pickled red cabbage. Scoop a couple spoonfuls of the fish-free salad on top of the cabbage.
- Top with avocado slices, drizzle with cheese sauce, and sprinkle a few radish slices. Serve immediately. Enjoy!